Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Question of the day...

When it comes to Easter, does the Easter Bunny or Jesus first come to your mind? Do you think more about candy than the resurrection? Why do you think the way that you do?

So today’s question of the day is…

EASTER – more about a bunny, candy, & egg hunts or more about Jesus, the resurrection, & church?

_______________

If I were to be completely honest, I think more about the commercialized Easter (think bunny, candy, egg hunts, etc) than the religious celebration. I believe this has to do with my childhood. I would always be more pumped up to get Cadberry Eggs (which is officially the best Easter candy ever, only rivaled by the new caramel filled Cadberry Eggs), Reeces peanut butter eggs, and Whopper eggs than to celebrate Jesus’ resurrection. I do remember always having to dress up in newer, nicer “church” clothes. However, the spiritual aspect of Easter did not ever stick as much as the commercialized Easter. I am sure that the spiritual importance of Easter was communicated to me during my childhood, but the lure and power of sugar won that battle. I guess that shows my spiritual depth and insight as a child.

What about you?

No comments: