Monday, March 8, 2010

Cross the line



Right now I am sitting on a good, no, great idea. (No, I’m not going to share this idea publicly yet.) I got this great idea that without a ton of investment could profit a substantial reward for the life of the students at Revolution. However, it is still in the idea/thinking stage. It has yet to cross the line from the thinking stage to the doing something about it stage. Right now, my idea is just that – an idea. Thoughts in my brain. What is keeping me from going for it? What’s keeping me from taking a good idea and actually doing something about it?

Can you relate with what I am going through on some level?

People have a hard time crossing the line from thoughts to actions. Thoughts are safe. Actions are risky. Thoughts are private. Action means becoming vulnerable. Thoughts require no risk. Action means risking failure. Thoughts keep you flying under the radar. Actions might require you to be brave.

Maybe you have listened to a sermon or Bible study recently where God revealed something to you. Maybe he revealed a change you need to make in your life. Maybe he revealed a relationship you need to make right or restore. However, if we walk away from encountering God like that without crossing the line from having those thoughts to acting on those thoughts, then I think we have missed something.

Let me challenge you with the same challenge that I am giving myself today: CROSS THE LINE!

Do whatever it takes to take thoughts and turn them into action. Be obedient to the positive change that you know you need to make in your life. Do not be paralyzed by fear of rejection, intimacy, or vulnerability.

Cross the line…

No comments: