Tuesday, March 23, 2010

my alternator is dead...





^
|
|
|

really bad attempt at making an alternator look like what mine looks like...

Last night I was driving home from a great day with the Pathway youth pastors and an all around great visit to Sacramento when my car loses power and decides to turn off while im doing 65 MPH. so I make a few calls and a facebook post about what is going on and everyone is saying its your alternator. my first thought "whats an alternator, is it necessary and how expensive?" So I got to sit on the side of the road for an hour and a half which was quite fun because I got to count how many cars passed me( how my brain works sometimes), 2659 cars. A friend of mine, Scott tuttle, came and kept me company and helped me call a tow truck driver! Then the tow truck guy shows up (33 minutes)! Thomas was a cool guy, hes a fringe Christian but an all around great guy. Now back in sacrament I go, and thanks to Kristen Byers for driving from Benecia to Sacramento to pick me up and dropping me off in Fairfield.. I got back at 130 AM... yeah that was my night...

The best thing about the night to me was that God was in control of it the whole time. I was safe the whole night, there was no traffic near me when it finally died. all I could think about was Psalm 46:10 "be still and know that I am God". all I could do in the situation was praise God! he is faithful!

2 comments:

bobby said...

Seriously though? You counted 2659 cars?! I don't think I've ever counted that high in my life (& yes, I could). And I don't have any desire to. That's just crazy.

Glad you made it home!

Steve Moore said...

I also counted the steps from my house to the church. 3123 to be exact... im a numbers guy... thanks bobby!