Sunday, September 21, 2008

Service and God

I sit here at this computer, broken, not because of something that has happened to me but because I want more of God. I figure if I break myself I can let more of him in my body(don't know if that's actual fact but ill roll with it). My only request in life is that God uses me in a huge way, a way that I never imagined, even in my dreams. I pray that God will take me to new heights, new boundaries, new everything. I know God has special things in store for me but I want him to use me. To help the helpless, which is why I want to feed the homeless breakfast some Sunday mornings or Saturday mornings.

In the story of zacchaeus, we find Jesus walking through Jericho, as he is walking through Zacchaeus sees him and wants to get close to him. He climbs up a sycamore-fig tree and Jesus sees him and says "come down now, I'm going to stay at your house tonight." so Jesus does and Zacchaeus is broken and gives back to the people four times what he has taken from them. I look at this and I think if I could be in this story what would my place be? Jesus, yeah right, Zacchaeus? maybe, but if I were in this story I would want to be the tree. yes the tree. The tree is what hold zacchaeus up and brings him to Jesus. I want to be someone or something that brings people to Jesus.

I have all of these thoughts and ideas running through my head and I need to channel them. I want to serve the community of Santa Cruz and Scotts Valley but I don't know how or where to start. Will someone help me? Work with me and lets be the gap that brings people to Christ!!!!

No comments: