Monday, September 1, 2008

politics

As I was watching the democratic national convention I noticed something. Why do we need to change America? Am I the only one that cringes when I hear people say that Barack Obama is the man to change America? Over and over and over again they chant "its time for change" "we need change in America" or "Barack will change America."

My question is this, who said America needs to be changed? From our founding we have been innovative, independent, self-reliant, brave, charitable, and the country where people would kill to live.

Obama always talks about hope, well, we have forever been the hope of the world. All those people living under tyrannical governments have always looked to us to be helped or rescued or to be inspired.

I totally would understand if Obama and the democrats wanted to change this policy or that policy but they don't say that at all. They always chant "change America." Well, America isn't our policies. America is you and me and the people living in it. America is the spirit with which they live. And in my opinion that does not need to be changed ever.

No comments: