Friday, September 5, 2008

Love

Ive been wanting to blog about this for a while now but never thought I could express myself clearly. Im going to give it a try now.

Love to me is more than a feeling, it surrounds me. God's love makes me wonder how he loves? I have seen love die, I have seen love survive through anything, I have seen love slowly fade away. I have felt love and lost love. Love hurts, it is awesome, exciting, scary... there are many feeling for love.

I must admit I am scared to truely love somebody, not because of a past experience, but because I have seen what love that is lost does to people. When my parents divorced I got a skewed look at love. I thought love was something that is there one minute and gone the next. Now I look at my brothers marriage, it may not last through the end of the year(prayer would be appreciated), and I wonder is this what love is? but on the other spectrum I look at my grandparents, they have been together over fifty years, this gives me hope.

but in processing my feelings I want to love like God loves us but as humans I dont think that is possible. I think the conclusion I am coming to is God's love is the one and only love that can stand the test of time. If I were to get mad at God and ignore him for months or even years, he would still love me. If I were to do that to someone I loved, that person might move on.

I hope this all makes sense to you, it does to me. I think its just something I needed to write out. I guess the saying is true, "it is better to have love and lost, than to have never loved at all."

1 comment:

Molly said...

It's true that we will never be able to love like God loves. The best we can do is try. Throughout the trying process we can show that God is in us and we can be an example to others.