Friday, December 11, 2009

what I love about scripture

I love that when you read scripture it comes alive to us. I love how scripture rejuvenates us, how we can be going through a situation and the bible covers it. Scriptures teach the Godly way to do things. I love that the Bible is a big book that is essentially a love story from God to us.

Here are some of the scriptures I have been reading and some of my favorite I have.

Proverbs 10:17- the message
The road to life is a disciplined life;
ignore correction and you're lost for good.

I love how it teaches us very plainly to be disciplined, and what happens if you are not disciplined in your life.

Proverbs 3:5-6
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

This is one of my favorite of all time, this proverb passage teaches us how to live life. If we trust God he will be with us at all times.

Ephesians 5: 1-2
1Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children 2and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

Besides this scripture having a great impact on my life, I love how God says to imitate him, and for us to live a life full of love, just like Jesus did.

2 Samuel 14:14
14 Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him.

I really just like this scripture and how God tell us we are not banished from him.


let me just say I love many scriptures but these few are what is really hitting me hard right now and I love to dig deeper and deeper in scripture.

No comments: