Thursday, July 30, 2009

The cry of my heart...

Revelation 3:16 "But since you are like lukewarm water, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth!"

Im jumping in with everything I have, into pathway, God, friendships, getting mentored, learning how to do my job better, getting where I need to be spiritually, mentally and in every aspect of my life. I am tired of being on fire in some areas of my life and lukewarm in some. From now on every single area will be ablaze so I pray…

Set me on fire, God, so that I may burn against the night. I dont want to carry a flame. I want to be the torch, that can lead others out of the darkness. What words can I convey to explain the passion that burns in me? I dont want an experience that fades away in a moment of emotion, I want a radical transformation at the very core of who I am. I am longing for the deep that calls to deep, that compels me to long even more. I do not long to be satisfied. No, I want to thirst, so that I may become more thirsty. I want to drink of your presence hoping to only come back for more. Let me be part of this fellowship of the burning heart. No expression explains the paradox of this deep longing that is never satisfied, yet it is the very dissatisfaction that draw me closer to You. To have it fulfilled would only end the pursuit that keeps me seeking, longing, desiring. I desire holiness that can only be found through fire. Touch me with coal from the fire, cleansing me, the very part of me Ive grown to hate. Let your holy fire burn every part, the part of me that gets in the way of longing after You, pursuing You, giving all to You. I pray to remain dissatisfied with the now, the present, the current. Let me remain dissatisfied with holding on to a fleeting moment of spiritual passion. No, let me continue to long for the journey that takes me though the valleys, through the mountain tops, through the storms, and through the rain. For this moment is only a glimpse of what awaits. This moment is only a whisper from the voice that calls to me. I do not want to be satisfied with this moment, for in this moment, I see what lies beyond.

1 comment:

Jeni said...

I heard about your new job :) Congrats! Hope everything is going well!!! PK started a blog... you should check it out... the link is on my page :)