Monday, July 20, 2009

Contentment...

I was asked today what is the one thing in my life that holds me back from being all that I can be. My first thought was I procrastinate to much, but that wasnt what he was looking for, he was looking for something deeper. As I sat and thought about the question all I could think about was how people my age were married, had full time jobs, had families and I didnt have any of that. I then shared that, see I dont like to make myself vulnerable to people, and this was a very vulnerable thing to share with five other people. I shared that I am not bitter at all, I love that poeple around me are happy but that I am not content.

I just question why I am 25 single and work for free. I know that I am getting great training at the district office but still, why was I one of the ones who could not get a full time job out of college? what does God have in store for me? now the question I ask myself is how do I get content? do I pray for it? change my mindset? hmmm...

I have never thought about contentment untill today? what makes a person content? can I have all the things I want and still not be content? Is anyone in this world content? what makes a person content? what does contentment look like?

I guess I just need to give this up to Jesus and not focus on it anymore...

1 comment:

bobby said...

Dude, read Phil. 4. Especially 10-13. A lot of people like to use the "I can do all things" line when they are trying to shoot a 3 pointer or somethin, but it is actually specifically related to contentment in any circumstance when you read it in context.

Hopefully that can be a small encouragement to you.
Will be praying for you brother.