Monday, November 22, 2010

Confessions of an OCD Pastor part 2

A couple weeks ago I shared one of my OCD moments. In the interest of fun or ridicule i thought I would share another one of my OCD moments.

I have a weird fixation with everything being associated with even numbers. I dont know where this came from but I have to have everything be even. I sometimes count my steps in order to take even amounts. My brain cannot do odd numbers. You may think I am odd, thats ok.

for example, look at the blogs over the years, I have even number for how many I have posted every year(I know this post makes it odd but give me a day or two and it will be even).

More examples.

--when I hit fast forward on my dvr I either hit it 2 or 4 times, if I hit it 5 times I have to push it one more time.

-- I have two best friends, most people have one.

-- I have to read every book twice

-- I have two couches at my house, which is 10 pillows, they are the same size, but instead of having 5 on each I have 6 on one and 4 on another.

-- I use two blankets every night when I sleep.

-- when i buy stuff that is weighted I have to have the last number be even. (Ill even as the worker to put more in or take some out)

-- when I go to dinner I cannot order anything that says it comes with 3 or 5 pieces of something.

-- when eating shelled peanuts Ill only eat the ones that have two peanuts in it. If I take one that has one peanut in it ill dig down untill I find another that has one in it.

-- I have 8 bath towels, 6 wash clothes, 2 sponges, 12 hats, 2 cell phones(only one is active).

-- I must have an even number of freinds on facebook, if I have an odd number for more that 24 hours Ill delete someone.

-- it is 4662 steps from my house to my church... it really should have been 4659 but I took 3 more steps to make it an even number all around...

Ok thats enough looking into my brain...

IM NOT CRAZY... my mother had me checked.

No comments: