Tuesday, February 9, 2010

What If...



What if instead of coming to church to worship, we come worshiping to church?

Most of my life, I thought you went to church to worship. But now I see that the better approach is to go worshiping to church. This approach changes things. Trust me, church is a lot better when our gatherings are filled with people who have been pursuing and seeking God for six days before they got there. Church is supposed to be a celebration of our personal journeys with God since we were last together. As Louie Giglio puts it his book The Air I Breathe, “All our personal streams of worship flowing into one surging, worship river.”

What would happen if each person in your church was seeking the face of God throughout the week? What would our worship look like as a result? Can you see it?

What if instead of coming to church to worship, we come worshiping to church?

What if…

1 comment:

Heuby said...

Love the statement "bringing worship to church". There are many time on Sunday morning I come in and fulfilling my obligations to the church as a leader and it feels like a "job". I am a servant of Jesus Christ 1st and by maintaining the attitude of service and surrender, it could help with the bringing worship with me rather that doing worship when I get there. Great words