Thursday, February 4, 2010

scripture coming alive...

I love to read scripture right before I preach, I came across 1 corinthians last night and read chapter chapter 2 verses 1-5. I love to make scripture my own, meaning I put them as I am saying them today... I wanted to share 1 cor. 2:1-5 with whoever reads this...

When I come to you, brothers, I do not come with eloquence or superior wisdom, as I proclaim to you the testimony about God. For I resolved to know nothing while I am with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. I come to you in weakness and fear, and with much trembling. My message and my preaching are not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power.

Be blessed today!

No comments: