Tuesday, February 1, 2011

superbowl thoughts.

While I wont say Pittsburgh will destroy Green Bay(it would be nice, but not likely), I do think Pittsburgh will win the game. In my opinion the teams are decently evenly matched. Both have great defenses and pretty good offenses.

Heres are my reasons I think Pittsburgh is better.

- quarterback- although rodgers is a great qb, experience in this game is huge, Ben has it aaron doesnt. advantage Pitt

- Running back- Mendenhall is running well right now at the right time, and I honestly couldnt tell you who the GB running back is. advantage Pitt

- Wide recievers- Both crews are great. ward, wallace, sanders, randle el vs driver, jennings, jones, nelson. Push

- Tight ends- this position will be the key to winning, who can get the ball to the TE- its miller, spaeth vs crabtree and lee- slight advantage GB

- offensive line- no brainer advantage GB

- Defensive line- Im saying its a push

- Linebackers- This one is tough, bishop, hawk and matthews are good, but I would take farrior, foote, harrison, timmons, and woodly- advantage Pitt

- defensive backs- polamalu, taylor, clark, gay, mcfadden and allen vs woodson, underwood, lee and shields- advantage Pitt- the only reason I say this is because of number 43.

- Special teams- who are we kidding Pittsburgh's special teams is terrible- no matter how bad green bays is its advantage green bay.

This game is going to come down to who can get the ball to the tight ends and who's defense can make more big plays. I like Pittsburghs experience in this one so Im saying Pittsburgh 30 Green bay 24.

No comments: