Friday, October 22, 2010

Last Meal



I am wierd. I know it. I have accepted that fact.

To understand me better you must know that my mind is always going about any and everything. From the time I wake up to the time I enter a deep R.E.M. sleep, my mind is going one hundred miles per hour. Please do not misunderstand me, this does not mean that I am in a constant state of deep, important thought about pressing global issues and the theological mysteries of this world.

That being said, I was thinking this morning what it would like to be on death row. Now for the majority of the time, I think it would be an unpleasant experience. However, there I can think of a couple positives in the death row experience.

Being a pretty hardcore introvert (meaning I get my energy from times of being alone or with a small group of close friends, not that I do not like people), I think I would enjoy the time of quiet and solitude. I could probably some serious thinking and reading done during that time.

I also could see the LAST MEAL being an incredible experience. I think this is the one advantage death row people have over us non-death row people.

If you do not know what the death row last meal is, it is the last meal that inmates on death row get to pick everything they get to eat before they are executed. They get to hand pick everything without any rules or limitations. If they want breakfast food, they get it. A great steak from their favorite restaurant, they got it. Aside from the whole execution thing, not a bad way to go.

I started to think about what would be on the menu for my last meal. Here is what I came up with for my last meal:

1 bloomin onion from Outback steakhouse
2 tacos from Taquaria Los Gallos
pan seared pot stickers from costco (ling ling brand)
Caramel white mocha's from starbucks(notice the 's... more than one)
spider roll and spicy tuna roll from Yamamori sushi boat
fried catfish from texas roadhouse
couple pieces of my mothers meatloaf
2 scoups of watermelon sherbert from maryanns in santa cruz
IMPORTANT NOTE: this list is subject to change.

What about you? What would be on your last meal? Be specific. Meaning if you want Gatorade at your last meal, tell what specific flavor. If you want a nice steak, tell what restaurant or grill you want that steak to come from.

What would be on your last meal?

No comments: