Tuesday, October 30, 2007

my wonderings

so I was reading the story of abraham and Isaac and thought to myself some questions just wondering what you all think.

1. why didnt abraham argue with God about killing his innocent son? he argued with God when god told him his intentions to kill the sodomites' sons and daughters.

2. why did Abraham keep what God told him a secret? what would he have told sarah about him being home without there son?

3. what did Abraham and Isaac talk about on there journey home? I mean it was about a three day journey? really it appears more likely that Abraham returned home alone. and he never spoke to his son again. Isaac never saw his father alive again. it seems that even though God gave Abraham his son backon the altar of sacrifice, Abraham never did get his son back.

4. Isaac was old enough to know what was going on, he carried his own wood to the mountain. why did Abraham make his son carry his own wood he was going to kill him with. was this like Jesus having to carry his own cross?

5. if God asks us to do some stuff that we think is wrong(like this) how do we distinguish the voice of God from counterfeit voices such as a demon or something like that?

ok thats all I have, my wonderings may be crazy but its what I think about. (and while I was writing this we had an earthquake)

No comments: