Wednesday, July 21, 2010

worried but content

This week at my church I got the privilege of preaching, I talked about sabbath and rest and how to be content in God.

I prompted the congregants to write down everything that worries them... I wanted to share mine:

I worry about, and this list is not everything...
- Diabetes, it runs in my family
- my weight, I started losing weight and was doing good then broke my leg. need to get back on it.
- finances, I worry about not being hired at my church, but if I do, what will my finances look like?
-my leg, what if it doesn't heal properly

My plan to work on everything...
- while I cant yet run or do a full workout like I was doing before surgery, I can swim and walk, which will help my weight and control the diabetes warning...
- I cant really do anything about my finances other than put it in Gods hands.

I also had the congregants write down everything they are content with in God.

- my relationship with him is growing everyday
- I am closer to him now than I have ever been
- I have a growing, amazing youth ministry
- God has really shown me how faithful he is during my time at Pathway so far
- I have an amazing church
- God is meeting every one of my needs
- I still have health and a smile
- Amazing friends

what about you? what do you worry about? what can you do to fix it? what are you content with?

No comments: