Friday, April 16, 2010

thanks Adam and Eve...

When God created the earth, he made man to have a perfect walking and talking relationship with God. It took all of three pages in my Bible for humanity to screw that up in what is commonly referred to as “the Fall of Man”.

When that happened, Scripture talks about or consequences that resulted from the Fall. For women, God greatly increased the pains while having a baby. For men, God greatly increased the difficulty to grow crops and live off the land. For both, clothes were another result of the Fall because for the first time they realized that being naked was for some reason wrong causing shame and insecurity for the first time.

I have been thinking about this lately because I believe there have been some “unspoken” results from the Fall. Somethings that you and I have to deal with in this fallen world that are here as a result of Adam and Eve eating from that “no-touchy” tree.

One of those unspoken results from the Fall has to be ACNE. Think about it. If I were a betting man, I would put my money on the fact that Adam and Eve probably never had one zit until the day after they ate from the “no-touchy” tree.

This has been on my mind because I have had a pretty tough, extremely busy week that has been filled with stress. I woke up the other day and had a massive zit on my forehead. It was so big, I had to take a picture of it so that I could share the massiveness.



I just turned 26 years old. Seriously, how much longer am I going to get zits? Any readers that are older than me, please give me some insight. I thought this whole adulthood thing took away things like that? No, acne is like the ultimate piece of humble pie. Have you ever thought at a time in your life that “hey, I look good” and “I pretty much am the best things since oxygen”? Then it always seems like the next day (normally a big date, a very important meeting or presentation, the one time of year school professional pictures, etc) there is a huge pimple that is so big you thought it just winked at you when you looked at it in the mirror.

Zits have to be a result from the Fall. So does the SF Giants, rising gas prices, and the WNBA.

What else do you think could be a result from the Fall? It is a fun question to kick around

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well Steve about your zit issue I do not know, that is what I heard but I am still getting them here and there......Home remidy, toothpaste not the gel kind, just regular old fashion toothpaste......