Friday, April 23, 2010

feeling old...




Next year I will be 27 years old. I do not consider that to be old. However, there are certain things in this life that I either experience or feel that help me realize that I am definitely not in the “young” category.

Check out this list of things that make me feel old. Feel free to contribute and add on to the list.

THINGS THAT MAKE ME FEEL OLD…

- Drinking coffee.
- rent payment.
- How I feel after playing back-to-back baseball games.
- Seeing confusion on the faces of students when I make a “Wonder Years” reference.
- Getting really excited when I hear a Guns-N-Roses come on.
- Saying “I remember watching the original Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves in the theater,” every time I see the trailer for the new Robin Hood movie. Then immediately thinking, “Man, Robin Hood: Men in Tights is a great movie.”
- Having/thinking about retirement, stocks, and investments.
- Ever using the word “portfolio”.
- One word: INSURANCE (health, dental, vision, maternity, life, car, house, etc.)
- Getting up really early.
- Not being able to eat Taco Bell because of what it does to “my system”.
- Exchanging business cards.
- Getting destroyed in the newer video games because I don’t know all of the buttons.
- Thinking everything on MTV is lame and ridiculous.
- Having to print out all my Scripture references during a sermon because I can’t read the small font in my Bible.
- Making a Milli Vanilli or New Kids on the Block joke and getting no response.
- The only trophy I can ever get now is for fantasy football.
- In two years, all the 6th graders in student ministry will have born in the 2000s.
- The fact that I remember Michael Jackson as cool, then creepy, and then cool again.
- Remembering Mike Tyson as an incredible boxer, not a psycho. And having an incredible video game on NES.
- Guys & girls that were in my student ministry are now getting married.
___________________

What are some things make you feel old?

No comments: