Monday, February 18, 2013

Weight Loss Journey update

The last four weeks has been up and down. Ive lost weight but not much. Im down to 304!!!! Christal and I have totally revamped our diets. We have cut out white grains, only eating whole grains, more veggies, and no sugars. We have started working out a lot more, even taking a weekend trip to Yosemite and planning other trips on the weekends to go hiking.

Im learning that the weight loss journey is full of ups and downs, but the important thing is not to get down when things are down and not to far up when things are up. Goals are a very important part of this journey also. my goal by the end of february is to be down under 300 lbs. 2 weeks to lose 5 lbs is very do able.

The big goal is set for next year in the summer time. I want to get into shape and train to hike up Half dome. I know it seems like an insane goal considering christal and I did the first .8 mile of the long 8.2 miles to get there trek and I almost died (ok not really but I almost quit about 4 times). But as I was looking at half dome this weekend all I thought to myself was I want to be at the top of that thing looking over the Yosemite valley. Cant wait!!!!

Other good news is I dropped a whole pant size, I have been wearing a 42 waist for as long as I can remember but on sunday I got new pants that were a size 40! Im so pumped and cant wait to get into the 30's!

No comments: