Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Bethany University

My heart is heavy as I write this because the place I spent 4 years of my life is gone. Bethany University was closed yesterday. Bethany U means a lot of things to a lot of people but for me it was a place where I grew, was stretched, learned life lessons and many other things. Bethany is a place where I met people I'll be freinds with for the rest of my life. I fell in love there, fell out of love, had my greatest struggles, had my greatest victories, but most of all got closer to my creator.

my memories of Bethany:

- monday night worship chapels that lasted till midnight.
- flushing my cell down the toilet then leaving for the weekend.
- video game nights in moon and matts room
- the awkward moment asking mack if I could be his roommate.
- seeing Nate Moon wear some dodgers closes after he lost a bet with me.
- "get legit", "build the kingdom brothers"- all dennis patton
- midnight buffet with panda express
- cheetah chase
- all the times at the beach.
- the thousands of life lessons I learned in class
- Dr. Powell calling us all dirt bags
- Dr. Smiths jokes that werent that funny
- CLC santa cruz
- handing out food to the homeless in santa cruz
- Taco bell 5 nights a week
- midnight safeway runs
- the tons of cups of coffee
- Sue telling me I cant move in yet only to have dennis tell me its ok to move in.
- staying in the cafe well after meals were over talking and laughing
- coffee in the rain with matt
- all the torture we gave to matt johnson
- 5 guys in 1 bed... (its not what you think)
- feb fundies
- all the roommates I had -jesse huro, jones andre, peter osuna, aaron pippen, dan, titus, wyatt, justin parrish, Mack Harrold, stephen dela cruz, farris tyab, chris douglas.
- bribing the RA to pass my room on room checks with monsters.
- the craziness of the baseball team
- the great mentorship I recieved
- getting licensed with the A/G
- getting paid to watch sports while talking sports with nate moon
- NSO
- staying up all night cause you procrastinated and now a paper is due by 8am
- going crazy at the sporting games
- all the laughs of working in the library
- mexican food every night in the cafe
- monday is vegetarian chili, tuesday is meat chili.
- guitar pick plates with no ridges so you spill everything
- cheeps? crunchy? yellow?
- monday night live
- prayer in someone room for hours
- redwood bowl adventures
- santa cruz diner
- farrells donuts
- OC night in the lobby
- halo tournaments
- first class revolution

I know im missing so many more memories but this is a good start...

No comments: