Saturday, January 2, 2010

decade in review

so I wanted to do a decade in review, it really got me thinking and its really fun, interesting, crazy to see how far I have come in 10 years. I started the decade wanting to go to APU to be a biology teacher, God led me to Bethany to be a pastor. the last 3 years 07-09 have really been the shaping years for me in my life. They have not always been fun or times I can look back and are filled with joy, yet they are the years I can look back on and say they formed who I am today. In the last 10 years, I have graduated high school and college, met life long friends, lost some friends, fallen in love, become a pastor, gotten a car, a cell phone, a pastoral job, had 4 spiritual mentors and gotten closer to my savior, friend, and my real true love Jesus Christ. here is a breakdown of how I remember the last 10 years. Im sure I have missed alot of stuff but this is what I remember...

Decade in review 2000-2009

2000

I survived Y2K
Sophomore in High School

2001

Jr. in High School
I got my first job at BK
9-11 (big for me because it was the first time I had witnessed anything like this)

2002

Graduated from High School
Went to first concert (switchfoot)
God called me into ministry after rededicating my life to him
Got my first cell phone
Bought first car!

2003

Went to Jr College for a semester and realized how terrible of an idea it is

2004

Started working at smart n final
Started college at Bethany University

2005

I turned 21
Started working with the youth at CLC Santa Cruz
Spent my first summer away from Merced
Started hanging out with Matt and Nathan

2006

Steelers won the Super bowl (big for me because this was the first time I had seen one of my teams win a world title)


2007

Started an internship that would lead into a mentorship
Attended my first game at dodger stadium
Met Mack!
Summer camp job
Started blogging
Went to my first college football and NBA game
Had a rough end to the year but I learned a lot from it

2008

Moved to Minnesota to attend North central University
Broke my first bone ever
God taught me what real faith in him looks like
God led me back to Bethany
Started working with the youth of CLC again

2009

Started the year in Mexico on a missions trip
Steelers won super bowl (that’s 2)
Went to first ever pro Hockey game
Mack became my true BFF
Graduated from college
Received my credential to preach from the Assemblies of God
Started my ministry at Fairfield First Assembly of God
God led me to Pathway

No comments: